Saturday, June 2, 2012

Second Semester Meta Post

Here we are, at the end of the school year. And as always, looking back proves to be both unnerving and exciting as I see, one last time, how weird the year has been. Fortunately, there are always good experiences to hold on to and bring with you, and this years has had many.

In my own blog, I have seen better and worse, but there is just one example that I feel really summarizes my writing this past quarter/semester. Of all of my writing, I feel my efforts are best seen in my blog, A Tall Demand for Education.

For me, this blog covers the key things I try to achieve in writing a good blog post. I always try to, not always with success, keep the topic relevant and contemporary. In this particular post, I write about a recent event for a very well known figure, Shaq, when he got his doctorate in education. Furthermore, with a topic of education, it was very relevant to some discussions about college that we were having in class at the time of the post.

Additionally, I tried to keep the post clear and concise. The post was relatively short, and I don't feel like I repeated myself or made things redundant at all. With the exception of a highlighting glitch, it reads easily, is attractive to look at, and things are visually emphasized when needed.

In many of my posts this year, I tried to keep things focused on more critical issues, and pressing matters in the status quote. In talking about educations' importance in America, I feel like the post about Shaquille O'Neal is just one of many examples of when I talked about importance issues that trends all across of America. More importantly, I feel like I have addressed issues in addressing issues, such as general themes of correlation vs causation and  alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment